Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My birthday!



My birthday took place almost a month ago and to celebrate, my friend Mikey and I threw a joint birthday party at my place. I was trying to recreate the awesome party we had 2 years ago when I turned 24. This one turned out just as fun, but a little different.





I got this really great gift from my bff Julie. She knows me so well. A cocktail shaker shaped as a prescription bottle. What better gift could you get for a pharmaceutical rep that loves martinis!



To get the party started we all took tequila shots chased with your choice of pickle, jalapeno, or peperonccini juice. Seriously. I guess the idea came from my Dad who said that a friend of his will drink pickle juice to help get rid of his hangover. We decided to skip a step and drink it before we got the hangover! It really wasn't that bad.



I put the dad's on grill duty and they cooked up some burgers and dogs and everyone got their grub on. My mom made her awesome broccoli salad and potato salad. Juju brought pasta salad. I made fruit and orzo salad. It was a true bbq feast!



I was so excited that my good friends Nikki and Lauren made it. AND Lauren tried to pretend she was drinking wine out of a stainless steel water bottle, I mean come on Lauren, how stupid do you think we are!? I knew immediately that she was preggers. Congrats Lauren and Nate.

Then the beer pong and flip cup began, and things got ________* (fill in the blank: sloppy, messy, crazy, wild). Nothing gets a party started like ten games of flip cup, back to back. It might just make you break out into a back ally photo shoot.



We set up the camera on a trash can across the ally and went wild.


How many faces can you cram in one picture?


I wanted to end with this picture just because I love it.

Thanks to all my friends who came to help me celebrate surviving another year. Cheers to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment