Saturday, January 16, 2010

Update, Finally



Well, since my last post I have had a lot of exciting things happen in my life. So let's travel back in time and I'll give you a recap of what's up in K-Dogg's life.

October

October was a jam-packed month of excitement. First of all, I finally closed on my Condo. It was a bitter sweet moment because after 6 months of waiting for the short sale to go through, I ended up getting the keys to my new place less than 12 hours before
I was leaving for a weeklong vacation to Hawaii, which leads to the second exciting thing to happen this month.

As most of you know my trip to Hawaii was for winning my company's Gold Cup award. It included 5 days at the Grand Hyatt Kauai for me and a guest
(Jamie O'Day, lucky girl). The trip included all we could eat and drink and a plethora of amazing activities. I went on my first helicopter ride over the Napali coast, had an amazing hour long massage, went sailing on a catamaran and snorkled on the Napali coast, drove ar
ound the island looking for waterfalls, swinging into a pond off a rope swing, jumping off a waterfall...the list goes on and on. We were spoiled beyond belief.


Upon my return I had the daunting task of moving into my new place. After living in the same place for 3 years, there was a lot to sift through and toss out. Not to mention I had a whole house of furniture to buy. It was a lot of work and a very stressful time but in the end it was totally worth all the blood, sweat and tears.

The third amazing thing that happened in October resulted from my choice to play in a kickball league. Who'd have guessed, but yes, I found love at kickball. His name is Craig and he is great. This is how we met....

It was the week before my half marathon (oh yeah! I almost forgot about that! I ran a half marathon too! 2 hours 8 minutes, yea me! ) and I was having a pretty bad day. I was very stressed out and just not in a good mood. At my kickball game that night I was not drinking since I had my race in less than a week, and it just so happened that we were playing the nastiest, rudest, most obnoxious team in the league. It came down to the last play and the ref made a questionable call the ended the game and resulted in our loss. To put it bluntly, I lost it! I was in the ref's face yelling at him, hitting him with the ball, really giving it to him. Totally not my style. Well, the ref was Craig. The next week I made it a point to find this poor ref and apologize to him for my appalling behavior. I explained to him that I had had a bad day and wrongfully took it out on him and that I was very sorry. The whole time I was talking he was just standing there smiling, and when I was finished he said it was ok, he forgave me and asked if I was going to the bar after.

We hit it off from there on and have really enjoyed getting to know each other the last few months.



1 comment: